Earlier this year, the Florida Legislature passed and Governor Rick Scott signed a law inviting local school boards to allow so-called “inspirational messages” at mandatory school events. The ACLU of Florida and others have warned local districts that allowing organized, sanctioned school prayer and other similar messages may be nothing more than an invitation to expensive litigation.
- Sponsoring a Florida College Football Team Can’t Whitewash a Private Prison Company’s Atrocious Record
- Roe v. Wade at 40: A New Generation’s Fight
- Two Recent Victories for LGBT Rights
- Report: Protecting the Rights of Floridians in the Rick Scott Era
- Petition: End the federal anti-immigrant program in Florida